Friday, April 20, 2007

Our Disney World Vacation

Thought I would share a bit about our trip.

We arrived at the airport around 5am and began the check in process. Lindsey had no problem, she had her boarding pass in about 2 minutes. It took a little longer for me. It seems that my name is on the "Watch List" so my information and ID had to be checked more throughly. I could not be checked in curb side, I had to be escorted inside to a counter to be checked in. After about 20 minutes or so I had my boarding pass and we were on our way through the security check point and on to our departure gate.
Our flight took of on time. It was a thrilling experience. We had some turbulence, but I guess that is normal. Our seats were not assigned, but Lindsey and I were able to sit together. We even managed to get a window seat on the flight to Orlando. That was really cool, looking out as we were flying. I especially liked flying through the layers of clouds. At one point on the return flight I saw another plane flying by......that was really neat.
A couple of things I didn't like about flying was the fact that it hurt Lindsey's ears, especially when the plane begins descending, and the having to maneuver through the airports. Nashville airport wasn't bad at all, but Orlando was a bit more difficult. We arrived in one building and had to make our way to the Disney Welcome Center, which was in another building. So we had to take the tram to the main building and then go down three levels and follow the trail of people there with the big Mickey Mouse hands waving you in the direction that you need to go. Not that we had any trouble doing it, but it just makes me nervous. I was so afraid of not being where we needed to be at the right time. But we did fine........
Our plane arrived around 8:30 am and by 11:20 we were checked in to our hotel and inside Animal Kingdom.

The weather did not cooperate fully with us, it was cold. Thank goodness we had worn jackets. It was in the upper 50's with slight rain our first day. I thought Florida was supposed to be warm and sunny. LOL.......
We managed to be inside most of the time that it was raining, either on a ride or watching a show.

On Tues. it was a bit warmer, in the lower 60's, but cloudy. We went into the park early. Magic Kingdom opened for resort guests at 7:00 am. The crowds were much lighter and we got to do alot of things before the park opened to the general public. We did what we wanted to do there and then hopped over to Epcot for awhile. It started to rain quite a bit and we were tired from being up so early for two straight days, so we went back to our resort for awhile.
We rested a couple of hours and then it was on to Downtown Disney for dinner and shopping. rated The Earl Of Sandwich a good place to eat for a decent price and I'll have to agree. We liked it alot. It wasn't crowed like alot of the other places and it was really good. They have hot sandwiches and the bread they
are served on is awesome!!

Wednesday was cloudy, but much warmer with temps in the lower 70's. We returned to Epcot to do all the things that we didn't get a chance to do the day before. Because I am a Disney Visa Card Member we got to have a special "Meet and Greet" with some of the Characters. That was really neat. They let you take as many pictures as you want and take time with you. Usually they kind of rush you with the characters, which I can sort of understand, because there are so many waiting and they are usually outside and you know they have to be sooooo hot inside those costumes.
We got to meet with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy.
After a full day of being at Epcot we returned to our resort to freshen up a bit and then headed to Magic Kingdom to grab a bite to eat and to steak out our spot for The Spectro Magic Parade and Wishes Fireworks Show. We had the "Perfect Spot" on the balcony of the Train Station facing the castle. It was AWESOME!!!! and we were close to the entrance of the park so that leaving and reaching the bus stop was easy. We had just arrived back at our room when some rather strong storms hit. They didn't last long, but were pretty intense with 55 mile per hour winds and some heavy rain.

Look at the crowd gathering for the parade.
Thursday was more like a typical Florida day. It was sunny and hot. The temp reached a high of 88 with a heat index of 92. MGM was our park to visit on this day. Lindsey had a really good time riding the rides there. Her favorite one was the Rock 'N' Roller Coaster. She rode it twice.
She also liked the Tower Of Terror alot.

Friday was our last day in Florida and our day to just hang out at the resort before flying home. Lindsey slept in and I got us all packed up.
Next time I'll have to remember to allow room in the suitcases for soveigners.

We had a wonderful trip and I am very glad that I got the chance to do this with my daughter. It is something we will always remember!!!

Here are some random pictures from our trip.


  1. I am glad you two had a GREAT TIME. I been checking the site to see if you had put pictures of the trip adn how youmliked it. I thought of you alot and was glad to hear the weather did pretty well for you. Hope to hear from you soon take care. Resa

  2. That looks like such a blast jeanette. Im glad you guys had fun. It looks like a great time. I hope to go there one day! I love mickey mouse!

  3. I'm glad to hear you had a good time. Disney has so much to offer. Even if it is raining, it is still a magical place. I really like you photo pass. The pictures with Tinker bell sure got Jennifer's attention. I have to know, did you ride Mission to Mars or Expedition Everest. Both of these are getting rave reviews.
    Take care,

  4. Looks like you had a lot of fun! We were there back in February and had a blast, too... I've planned several conferences there-- so, if you ever need some tips on things to do, etc. let me know! Loved your pics!


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!