Monday, June 30, 2008

Honeymoon Part Three....The Finale

For the last day of our trip we decided to go to Cocoa Beach.
Just before we reached Cocoa Beach, we went through Port Canaveral. Disney Cruise Line makes its home in Port Canaveral, as well as Carnival and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. As we were driving, we could see one of the Carnival ships docked. I was trying to get a picture of it from the road, so Michael got off of the interstate and got me closer so that I could get a good picture of the ship.

I was quite impressed with the size of the ship, it was huge.

We got into Cocoa Beach just a few minutes after leaving Port Canaveral. We began looking for a hotel. Since we had left this day open we didn't have reservations. We were hoping to find a hotel with an ocean view. Much to our surprise, there were hotels with views of the ocean, but no access to it. You had to walk or drive to the main pier to access the beach. The hotel we ended up getting had beach access, but we couldn't get one with a view.
We checked into our room and headed to the beach.
It was crowded, the most crowded of our whole trip. It was the weekend and hot, so I guess that accounted for alot of that.

A few minutes after arriving on the beach, we saw the cruise ship go sailing by. It was really neat to see it sailing so close to where we were.

The Kennedy Space Center is just 20 mins. from Cocoa Beach and they advertise it well. This astronaut display was in the lobby of our hotel. In the gift shop were lots of NASA t-shirts and memorabilia.

The next morning we got up and headed to the beach for a little while before packing up and heading to Orlando for our flight home.

We went through Port Canaveral again, this time we could see three boats docked in the port.

In the picture you can see two of them, the Disney and the Royal Caribean.

We got to Orlando with plenty of time before our flight was to leave. We checked our bags, I did a little shopping, had a snack, watched the planes coming and going and Michael did some reading. I made Michael pose with Mickey at the airport.
Finally it was time to board the plane. We didn't have a non stop flight this time. We had to go into Atlanta. The flight was pleasant, we reached Atlanta in about an hour. I watched another plane land on the runway beside us, as we were landing. That was rather cool.
Oh my goodness is that a big airport. We sat on the runway waiting to taxi into the terminal for about 20 minutes. In that time, from where we were sitting I watched 16 planes take off.
I took this picture from the window of the plane while we were sitting on the runway. We could see the terminal that we needed to go to, but couldn't because there were several other planes lined up trying to get into the terminal also.
Once we got off the plane, we had to find our boarding gate. Which wasn't an easy task, because they kept changing it. Four times they changed it. We went from gate 3 to gate 25 to gate 8 and then finally gate 11. We were exhausted. We had carry on bags, that were quite heavy, and not alot of time to be at the correct gate. By the time we boarded our plane.....we were pooped. We arrived in Nashville around 11pm. Our limo driver was waiting for us, we retrieved our luggage and headed for home. It was around midnight when we got there. It was sure a sight for sore eyes.
That was our trip, I have enjoyed sharing it with you.
Be sure to check back for life with the newlyweds.........


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. I want to do the Disney cruise sooo bad. Some day I will.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!