Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Time Is Here

Been MIA for a bit... Sinus infection, Sudden death of a Childhood Friend/Neighbor while growing up, Dentist appointment, Hubby's follow up Urologist appointment, and Neighbor's heart scare excitement. Whew.... it has been a rough couple of weeks and these events have taken their toll on me and my Christmas Spirit. But, I am back and trying to find some sense of normalacy again.


A Charlie Brown Christmas
Written and Adapted for Television
By: Charles M. Shultz
First Aired: 1965
The First "Peanuts" Prime Time Animated TV Special







Christmas time is here











Happiness and cheer




Fun for all, that children call
Their favorite time of the year.




Snowflakes in the air












Carols everywhere.









Olden times and ancient rhymes,









Of love and dreams to share.











Sleigh bells in the air.
Beauty everywhere.



Yuletide by the fireside,
And joyful memories there.





 




Christmas time is here.











Families drawing near.






Oh, that we could always see,
Such spirit through the year.







Oh, that we could always see,
Such spirit through the year...


Pictures: 1) 2005 Christmas Tree - 2) 2011 Bowling Green Christmas Parade - 3) 1967 Christmas at my Grandparents (I'm in the white shirt) - 4) My Daughter last Feb. Snow - 5) High school Band in Christmas Parade - 6) Sister-in-law, Me, Sister-in-law, Sister (all in aprons made by Me! - 7) Manger Display in Fountain Square Park - 8) Bow on Firetruck in Christmas Parade - 9) 2004 Christmas Tree & Fireplace Decorations - 10) 2011 Fountain Square Park - 11) 2010 Christmas Time Cousin Shot - 12) Game Time (Apples to Apples, our favorite game).    


Just for fun I have also added the video below. It is the "Hey Ya" version of the Charlie Brown Dance Scene. It is funny how well the song goes with the video.

Be sure to hop on over to Hootin' Annie's for more Thursday Theme Song Fun!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanette
    Bless your heart you most certainly have had a rough few weeks. I'm glad to hear things are becoming a little more normal.

    Oh it isn't Christmas until I've had me some Charlie Brown. Thank you for sharing you beautiful family pictures with us today.

    Hugs
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some wonderful photos to illustrate this great little song. I really like the b/w one, it reminds me of our family Christmases about that same time.

    Like M&M said, it just isn't Christmas without Charlie Brown. I'm glad you included the dance video, that is one of my favorites.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhh, I do hope you're feeling much better. I know how awful sinus problems are. You take care, for soon the holidays will be here.

    I do so enjoy your theme song posts. And this one is right up to par....each photo and the lyrics...so well done.


    Yes, VIRGINIA is my Friday post...if you can, come on over for a visit. And, have a terrific day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!