Monday, April 24, 2006

Weird or Compulsive? You Decide!!!



So I've been tagged.....now I have to tell everyone "6 Weird Things About Me"
I can probably come up with 12.


Where to start, Hmmmm......

1. I HAVE to have EVERYTHING hanging in my closet facing the same way. Of course like things also hang with like things. (Pants together, Shirts together, Dresses together etc....) And when an item is removed, the empty hanger is put in a specific place, not just left where it was.This does make working retail a bit easier.

2. Clothes that are put in drawers, are done neatly. White socks folded and placed together, then colors, then black ones. Panties and bras are folded and placed into the drawer in their appropriate place.

3. Towels HAVE to be folded a certain way, so that they fit into the cabinet and have that uniformly folded look, no unfolded edge showing. Washcloths and hand towels are treated the same way, folded and placed into their respective place.

4. Laundry has to be done on a daily basis. I can't function if I don't do at least one load of laundry a day. I will put a load in while getting ready for work, or sometimes late at night if I have been out and about that day. I even do laundry while on vacation.

5. When cooking I wipe my sink, counter and stove off about a million times. If anything is dripped or splashed onto these surfaces, then it has to be wiped off....right then. I am pretty particular with my kitchen. The other rooms in my house can get messy or cluttered, but not the kitchen. The same goes for water in the bathroom. If you splash water, wipe it up.

6. I am a VERY nervous driver. I hate driving on the Interstate. I can do it, but in areas where there are many lanes, I panic. I could never live in a big city that I had to deal with that on a daily basis. Give me a country two lane and I am fine.

7. Glasses in my cabinets are grouped together and lined up in a row. Kind of like in the movie Sleeping With The Enemy.

8. Items stored in the attic have to be placed in either a box or a plastic storage container and lined up so that you can move in the attic and find whatever you need to find.

9. Dirty clothes also have to be put in their proper place. I have a wicker laundry basket in my bedroom that I put my things into when I take them off. There are two clothes baskets in my laundry room for dirty items to be placed......one for wet things, one for dry. A simple task you would think, but one that my daughter has such trouble with.

10. I can't stand dirty dishes in the sink. Rinse it off and stack or place it neatly beside the sink and I'm fine with it, but don't put it in the sink.

11. When I place dishes in the dishwasher they all face the same direction. (plates mainly) Certain items have certain spots that they go in even though they actually fit into many. I know that they would get just as clean from any spot that they are put into, but I can't stand it if they are not put in their special place.

12. When I go to bed at night, I have to have to be covered up. It doesn't matter if it is 100 degrees, I have to have my cover. I can't fall asleep if I am not covered up.

This was way too easy to write. I feel like such a compulsive nut case,
but it's all true and it's me.
What else can I say.
Now I Tag Carol

2 comments:

  1. Those aren't bad at all jeanette, i fold my towels the same way and I can't drive on the busy interstate either LOL! Thats funny our family has so many compulsions!!! I also cannot sleep without covers. I couldn't if i tried. My daughter hates sleeping with covers and I can't for the life of me justify not wanting to be covered up!
    Have a great thursday tomorrow
    Love
    dianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannette, - Mess up them towels and glasses and come blog !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!