Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bug On The Window


I was in the kitchen washing some dishes when I happen to see something moving on the window. Then I realized it was a Praying Mantis. Usually I hate these things. They are so creepy. But this one was small and on the outside. So I watched him for a moment.




He slowly moved around the window. I noticed he was leaving a shadow as he moved about.








As he walked down onto the glass, I went outside to get a better shot. I took this picture and he began to sort of stop and sit up. I was afraid he was going to fly at me or something. So I went back inside. By the time I got back in, he was gone.


At least I did mamage to get a small shadow of the little creepy bug in this last shot.
Be sure to head over to Hey Harriet and check out what others have posted this week.

9 comments:

  1. Funny. My daughter loved capturing them when she was little. I find them a bit creepy myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some bugs just don't faze me, but praying mantises and walking sticks both give me the willies!!! Ewww. Great shots, though.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something about a Praying Mantis and shadows that is quite fascinating. Good shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like praying mantises, but I haven't seen one in ages; I don't think they live here...but I like them because they catch other bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The eww factor is in all of us when we see in its simplest form 'bugs'. Creepy and crawly, we prefer they stay outside and perhaps become a bird's meal. Be that as it may, the slender body and a multitude of legs at least allows for interesting and unique shadows. After the photo shoot, we hope it considers another place to hang around, preferably somewhere else...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi thanks for your kind comments in my posts of reflections and shadows. Yours today is a little cute, hehe! We have lots of them here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my gosh, what an incredible shadow shot ... and so clear!

    Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello, I really appreciate it.

    I hope that your week is wonderful,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah, these are sort of creepy, but they rarely leave the plant their on, and they don't attack, in spite of our fears! I think they're interesting, and you were really lucky to get the shots you did, shadows and all. I love the shadows. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!