Thursday, November 10, 2011

AMERICAN SOLDIER

(This morning the hubby and I had to be in Louisville for a closing so I am late with my post). 



AMERICAN SOLDIER
Performed By: Toby Keith
Written By: Toby Keith and Chuck Cannon
From the Album: Shock'n Y'all





I'm just trying to be a father

Raise a daughter and a son
Be a lover to their mother
Everything to everyone









Up and at 'em, bright and early,
I'm all business in my suit.












Yeah, I'm dressed up for success
From my head down to my boots











I don't do it for the money
There's bills that I can't pay









I don't do it for the glory,
I just do it anyway.








Providing for our future's my responsibility.
Yeah I'm real good under pressure,
Being all that I can be.










And I can't call in sick on Mondays,
When the weekends been too strong.










I just work straight through the holidays.
And sometimes all night long.













You can bet that I stand ready when the wolf growls at the door.
Hey, I'm solid, hey I'm steady, hey, I'm true down to the core.




 



And I will always do my duty,
no matter what the price.
I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice.













Oh, and I don't want to die for you.
But if dyin's asked of me.
I'll bear that cross with honor,
'Cause freedom don't come free.














I'm an American soldier, an American.











Beside my brothers and my sisters,
I will proudly take a stand.


When Liberty's in jeopardy,
I will always do what's right.
I'm out here on the front line,
Sleep in peace tonight.













American soldier,
I'm an American soldier.







Yeah, an American soldier,
an American.
Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand.
When Liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right.
I'm out here on the front line,
So Sleep in peace tonight.







American soldier, I'm an American













An American,
an American soldier.









With Veteran's Day Tomorrow, I thought I would dedicate this post to ALL the soldiers who sacrifice their lives for us everyday and for the ones who have given their lives in the line of duty serving our country. I am so very Proud to know All the men in these pictures and I Do indeed sleep with peace knowing that they are willing to give their all for this wonderful country in which we live. 
I wanted to add some pictures that I remember seeing when I was a kid of my Great-Uncles and my Grandfather, but I have been so sick this past week that I haven't had a chance to ask my Aunts if they have copies of the pictures. Maybe I will be able to use them in a future post.  
Thanks again Hootin' Anni for introducing me to this meme.  Be sure to check out other's Thursday Theme Song entries!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....this gives me chills up and down my arms. So fitting, so perfect. I know I say this oftentimes, but it's true...this is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I was wondering if you could help me out. I was looking threw this and found a picture that I recognized, so If at all possible is there any way that I could contact you to talk about the photo. It is rather important. Thank you, Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!