Thursday, August 02, 2012

MEN



Performed By: The Forester Sisters
From The 1991 Album: Talkin' 'Bout Men 
Written By: Robert Byrne, London Wainwright III, Al Schulman






They buy you dinner, open your door.
Other then that, what are they good for?
Men! I'm talkin' 'bout men.



They all want a girl just like the girl,
That married dear old dad:
They make me so mad.
Men! I'm talkin' 'bout men.













Well, you can't beat 'em up 'cause they're bigger then you.
You can't live with 'em and you just can't shoot 'em.
Men! I'm talkin' 'bout men.












They love their toys;
They make their noise.



They're nothing but a bunch of 
overgrown boys.
Men! I'm talking 'bout men.








If you give 'em what they want,
They never fall in love.
Don't give 'em nothin' they can't get enough:
Men! I'm talking 'bout men.










Well, you can't beat 'em up 'cause they're bigger then you.
You can't live with 'em and you just can't shoot 'em.
Men! I'm talkin' 'bout men.






In the beginning they always aim to please.
They serve a purpose;
They fill a need.
They ensure survival of the species.



They take you for a ride, 
Run out of gas.
Most of the time they're a pain in the 
a-a yeah, yeah.
Men! I'm talkin' 'bout men.








Well, you can't beat 'em up 'cause they're 
bigger then you.
You can't live with 'em and you just can't shoot 'em.
Men! I'm talkin' 'bout men.


Silver tongue devils.
Well, they're lying through their teeth.
Saying anything,
Just to sweep you off your feet.







Ooh yeah, men! talkin' 'bout men.





Mere mortal men.


Photos: Clown from 2011 Christmas Parade; My Great Grandparents; Clown from Daughter's Birthday Party (2002);  My ex's truck; 2011 Christmas Parade; Disney World skywriting; 2011 Christmas Parade; Honeymoon Suite; Elvis' Rolls Royce; Aladdin's Genie - Disney World Parade; Beauty & The Beast Show - Disney World; Gaston from Beauty & The Beast Show - Disney World; Dapper Dans - Disney World.

I suppose you can tell from this week's song choice that "Men" haven't exactly been my favorite beings as of late. At least I was kind and didn't post pictures of the ones who actually have been on my s--t list!! 
Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Linked to Hootin' Anni's Thursday Theme Song

8 comments:

  1. What a cute song, I've never heard this one before. I love the photos you used to illustrate it.

    I hope the men in your life will, as my granny would have said, straighten out and fly right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words to that song - I had not heard it before, but there are days when I would agree 100% Great photos to accompany the song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, you did a great job with it as always! I also had not heard it before, but loved the way you laid it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd leave a comment...but I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL AT THE ABOVE COMMENT,!
    What a great song and the pictures were made for it
    Hugs
    Madi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh....we ladies can all relate!!! Sorry Stephen!!!

    I'm glad to know that your hubby is an attorney...yes, pick his brain to find out if we can continue to do this meme....I would not want to have anyone breaking a copyright law!!!! And inform me when you find out, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too too true, and I'm talkin' 'bout men!
    Oh, and I hope we're okay playing Thursday Theme Song. I just love it, and I should have thought about copyright but didn't.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. men, most men any way, useful things when things break down. nice song.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!