Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Another Try At Hodgepodge


I enjoyed participating in this Meme before, sorry I missed last weeks. I thought I wasn't going to be able to participate this week. when I tried to visit the Meme host my computer would block the page due to Malware the sight was sending. The message told me to try back later. Finally, on the fourth attempt I was able to view the page.

Anyway, here is my Hodgepodge Answers:

1.      What's the best and worst thing about growing older?

Well when you are a child growing older means new found freedom, so I guess that is the best thing. I suppose as you grow old your body parts tend to wear out and not work as they once did, that could be bad. But, even with that being the case I will take growing old. My parents both died young. My Mother was 51 and my Father 57. I will soon be 50. Every day I am alive is a blessing!




2.      Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere...what one thing do you love most about the fall season? 

The cooler temperatures, hands down. Especially with the extreme heat we have experienced this summer.






3.      Speaking of fall...pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan? What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage?

I love pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. I have been know to have a cold slice of pumpkin pie for breakfast. But, I don't want pumpkin in my drink or anything else.









4.      Since we're on the subject of fall...what's the worst fall you've ever taken?

This is an easy one, about two years ago the hubby was doing some heavy snoring and keeping me awake. After an hour or so of tossing and turning I got up to watch tv or play on the computer. Once I got in the living room I realized that if I turned on the tv and a light that my stepson, who was visiting, would then be up too. My daughter was visiting her father and her room was empty, so that was my solution. I carried my laptop into her room and set it up in there. Then I decided I needed something to drink. All of this is a task because we have a baby gate at the end of our hallway to keep the dog out of the bedrooms so every trip you must deal with stepping over the gate as it does not swing open. On my last trip I had my cell phone in one hand, a Dr. Pepper in the other and in the dark quiet of the house I could hear my husbands snoring. I was tired and frustrated that I was even awake. In my frustration I forgot all about the gate and hit it at fast pace knocking it down and falling hard to the floor face first. My phone went flying, my Dr. Pepper hit the floor, thank heavens it did not explode but just dented the can. I hit so hard that it dazed me, for a moment I was numb. I could not get up. Both legs and my right arm were bleeding. I called for help but no one heard me. After a few minutes I managed to get up, look at the wounds and hobble to my daughters room. I was bruised and sore for weeks and still have a scar on my right leg.

5.      If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose?

Oh my, so many movies to choose from. How could you ever choose one.  But, if I did I think I would want something from an old Classic Movie.

6.      What's the most interesting word you've read or learned in the past week?


My husband is always throwing some legal Latin phrase at me. This week it was:

Quantum meruit - a Latin phrase meaning "what one has earned". In the context of contract law, it means something along the lines of "reasonable value of services".

7.      When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office? Was it a big deal?

I was locked out of the office just a week ago. I had given my daughter my key so that she could have one made for herself for the times when we are not in the office and she has time to kill in between classes. (the office is close to campus) My husband and I drive in together every day except Thursdays. (he teaches on Thursday nights) Of course it was a Thursday and I headed to the office earlier that my husband. I thought I had a key to the side door, but I do not. So I sat at one of the outside tables of a neighboring pub until the hubby arrived about 30 minutes later.

8.      Insert your own random thought here.

Surveys. I think my day has been filled with surveys. I filled out two online surveys for restaurants we have visited lately. I also answered one about a recent online purchase. Tonight I have been watching the 20/20 Special The Best of TV. It was quite entertaining to see what shows people choose in the different categories. I Love Lucy was the all time number one show.

I also have participated in a local survey that takes place every year here in our town. It is the Best Of Bowling Green. A few weeks back the local newspaper asked us to name our top three entries for about 100 different local businesses and professionals. Now the top three or four are complied in a survey and we vote for the "Best". It is not for any prize, other than the plaque that is given, just the Honor of being "The Best of Bowling Green". The community likes getting to vote and the winning businesses proudly display the plaques.

I suppose everyone like s a little recognition now and then.



Linked with Wednesday Hodgepodge.


11 comments:

  1. You've given some interesting and provocative answers to these questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Autumn photos, the first shot is my favorite. Great answers to your questions. I have had so many falls, I am just clumsy, this past weekend I fell while standing still on my bike. One of my favorite pumpkin food is the Pumpkin Roll. Great post, have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your handle - lighthousegal - I have been know to chase down lighthouses all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am enjoying the cooler temperatures ... after our HOT, HOT, HOT summer. Unfortunately, I can't tolerate cold temperatures ... like the 45 degree low overnight. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall reminded me that once I had my hands full and the phone rang so I went running for it, and I ran onto the tiled kitchen floor, while wearing socks.... and I fell SO FAST I didn't know what hit me! I could not catch myself because my hands were holding items. I actually indented my cheek from the fall because that's where I first smacked into the floor. It took a LONG time for the indent to go away (and the soreness and bruising.) Morale of story: never ever run across a slippery floor in socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the blog woes...a blog I follow potentially had malaware on their site which was what was keeping people out of mine. Once I deleted his blog from my blogroll the issue was fixed.

    I can totally picture that fall. Sounds like something I would do : ) Glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your pictures - may have to steal that jack-o-lantern design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are great and I love learning about people from questions such as these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have rains these few days.

    It makes an autumn feel over here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly what you mean that being alive is such a blessing. One of my brothers died when he was only 47. Life is a gift to be cherished! I think we're all ready to welcome fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes indeed....I take cold pumpkin pie for breakfast....I've even had cold PIZZA pie at times too.

    I haven't done surveys for restaurants yet....but I HAVE done online reviews of a few products that I thought were great/poor!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!