Joyce has put together another group of wonderful questions for us to answer this week.
Here are the questions along with my answers to them.
1. Noah Webster was born this week back in 1758....besides the online version, do you own a dictionary? Do you ever use the hardback copy or is your hunt for a definition strictly online these days?
I do indeed own a dictionary, actually a few of them at home and at the office. My husband uses them quite often, saying it is easier to look up a word in the dictionary than to find it online, especially if you are having trouble spelling the word. I, on the other hand, use the computer most of the time.
2. Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations? What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire?
NO!!! Children love and enjoy these things why on earth would anyone want to take them away. Besides kids need some time to interact with each other and have something to look forward to. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!
(My Son & My Daughter)
3. What's your favorite 'dog' movie?
Well this one is a hard one because I have seen several movies about or with dogs in them. Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, The Fox and the Hound, Homeward Bound and Marley and Me are all Great "dog" movies that I have seen several times and enjoyed but I think my favorite dog movie would have to be "Where The Red Fern Grows"!!
4. When were you last somewhere you'd describe as 'too quiet'?
I can't say that I have been anywhere that has been quiet.
5. Are you a neat cook or a messy cook? In other words do you clean as you go or make a big mess and then deal with it later?
Oh I am most definitely a Neat cook!! I clean as I go along and try to have the pots and pans washed before I sit down to eat. My husband is a messy cook he cleans nothing before or after he cooks. He would leave dishes sitting with food in them for weeks and not be bothered by it at all. DRIVES ME INSANE!!! This is a very touchy subject in my house!
6. Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute? Was your first thought COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY! Are you adventurous?
I did hear about it and my first thought was CRAZY!! As my kids tell me all the time, I am a worrier and worry about all the possibilities of something going wrong. I am not very adventurous. I will leave that to my Daughter, she is the adventurous one, I have the gray hair to prove it too! (Well under the hair color that is)
7. What's not a word but should be?
Growing up in a small country community, I can think of several words that we used whether they are actual words or not. For instance:
modockin - moving at a fast pace, especially while driving.
He was modockin down the road in that car.
gom - big mess.
Don't be in my kitchen making a gom.
dreckly - soon
We will be going to the store dreckly so don't get your clothes dirty.
swanee - swear
Well I swanee that baby has grown two foot since I've seen him.
(foot used deliberately instead of feet for this sentence)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well answering number 7 has brought back a lot of wonderful memories from my youth and early adulthood. At the same time it has made me realize just how much my life has changed and how different my childhood was from that of my husband's.
(My Dad, Mom, Brother and Me)