Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Hodgepodge 1-2-3

Not a lot going on here in my neck of the woods but getting myself mentally prepared to begin the dreaded radiation treatments. They now have my plan together and I will have my first treatment on Thursday. I was a bit surprised that they are starting them on a Thursday, with the plan being Monday through Friday I assumed that they would start on a Monday. But, like my Mother always said, that is what happens when you assume!! They told me that as long as they get at least two treatments in before taking a break, then they can be started. I see the Radiation Oncologist on Thursday before the treatments so that he can explain to me the precise treatment plan and show me where exactly the beams are going, how many beams are being used, the dosage and how they are missing my heart and lungs. With the treatments being to my left side the heart and lungs have been a concern. I am not looking forward to this phase of the process, but I know it is an important part of my goal to be cancer free and with these treatments it changes the recurrence rate from 45% to 7%, a Big Difference. 
Now on with Hodgepodge .....


1. This week's Hodgepodge is Volume 123. What's something you've done recently that was as easy as 1-2-3? 

On Saturday I attended the "Spring Fling" in the little town that I grew up in. This annual event, held at the local library, consists of a health fair, live music and booths selling homemade goodies and crafts. I had my eyes, blood pressure, blood sugar level and cholesterol checked as well as having a bone density test and my blood typed. I have small veins and they have a very hard time finding one they can use to draw blood and now, since they can not use my left arm to get my blood pressure or blood from, it has become an even harder task, but with all the testing I have had in the past few weeks I have found that my hand has good veins.  So as easy as 1-2-3 they were able to get the needed blood from my right hand.  

2. The Wednesday Hodgepodge also happens to fall on the first day of May ...what is something you may do this month? 

Get plenty of rest and try to avoid stress, a hard task for a worry wart like me.

3. The Englishman Horace Walpole is credited as saying, "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think" How do you see it?

I suppose this could be different for not only different situations but for different people. Some situations are tragic to feel but I would not want to go through life without feeling and sometimes you can spend your time over thinking things and miss out.  I suppose the trick is finding the happy medium.

4. May is National Hamburger Month...how often do you eat a burger? What are your must-haves when it comes to burgers? I assume you vegetarians won't be celebrating so tell us what you'd like instead? 

Burgers are consumed in this house at least once a week, mainly by my husband. Sometimes I opt for other things. But, if I do have a burger, pickles, onion, ketchup and mustard are a must. Tomatoes too if we have good ones or homegrown ones.

5. Pansies, petunias, geraniums, impatiens...of the four mentioned, which is your favorite in a patio pot? Will there be pots on your patio this spring? (Or whenever spring comes to your part of the globe?) Who does the gardening at your house?

Impatiens are my favorites, I have planted them along the front of my house and had them in pots too. I hope to have some at least in my front porch flower pots. I am usually the one that plants anything in our yard. 

6. When did you last (literally or figuratively) shout "Mayday, Mayday!"

I prefer, "Calgon Take Me Away", and shout it often when I see my kitchen after my husband has been cooking. How one person can make such a mess is beyond me and we won't even start on how many items he can dirty.... 

7. Say farewell to your April in ten words or less. 

Farewell April, May hath promised warmth and beauty!!

8. Insert your own random thought here.


10 comments:

  1. I can't begin to imagine what radiation therapy is like but I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a huge difference and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ((HUGS))My family heritage is worry, it's not fun being a worry wart. Let me take your worry so you can rest. I hope to plant some impatiens this year. That's a cute Google joke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you in my prayers this month. I hope everything goes smoothly and you get the rest you need too. I like your google sign : ) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with those radiation treatments. I know several women who have gone through this and eliminated their cancers. I hope the same is true for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much luck my dear! I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless you on your health journey - concentrate on 7% - - you are going to do great. Sorry you have to go thru it though. I love impatients and hambergers too! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the marѵelous posting! I certainly enjoуеd гeаdіng it, you mаy
    be a great authοr. I will be surе to bookmark your blog and ωill evеntually сomе back
    later in lіfe. I want to encourage yοu
    to continue youг grеat job, have a nіce weekend!


    Ϻy web-site :: hcg diet phase 1

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend, continue to be strong and never lose faith. I believe that everything happens for a reason, at the right time and place. I’m pretty sure He loves you very very much. My prayers are with you and I hope for your recovery. Remember that many people loves you!
    Nora from Doctorate Degrees

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wоω, that's what I was exploring for, what a material! present here at this web site, thanks admin of this web site.

    Here is my site Americas Cardroom Poker Offer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gooԁnеss! Awesοme aгticle
    dude! Thanks, Howeνer I am experiencіng troubleѕ with your RSЅ.
    Ӏ don't understand why I can't јoіn it.
    Is theгe аnybody else getting iԁentical RSS
    ρroblеmѕ? Anybody who knows the answer ωill you kіndlу
    resρond? Thanks!!

    my web blοg; MіntedPoker Рromotions ()

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!