Saturday, February 18, 2006

It's Saturday and It's COLD!!!



Well here it is Saturday at last......I can't believe how cold it is. Just a few days ago my neighbors were outside washing their car. Today we have snow and freezing cold temps.

We spent our day at the new house. Trying to line up all the contractors so that we can get this project moving. We've started that process of changing things. Hopefully we won't find too many problems along the way.

We let the kids help with tearing down the wall that was between the kitchen and the living room. They had so much fun. We let them actually kick the wall to get it down. It was the half wall with the spindles at the top, paneling on the kitchen side and drywall (with this UGLY blue stucco) on the living room side. The cabinets are being replaced, the dishwasher is going on the other side of the sink, the stove is moving a bit, a snack bar is going to be where the spindles were, and the floor will be tiled. The wallpaper is going also. Making a few changes...............

I added some pics so you can see what it looked like before we started. I'll try to take more as we go along so that you can see what it looks like when we are done.

4 comments:

  1. Jeannette, I know I posted comments before. Let me know if you get these commetns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeannette, the house looks great! I'm excited for you guys. I can't reach your blog from Lindsay's link, but that's prob an internal problem, ha ha. We'll have to have some open houses at everyone's houses -this summer of course- to see all the repairs and work! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanette the house looks beautiful! we let our kids tear stuff up too while remodling they love it also!
    Have a great week
    Love
    dianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I can finally see your blog. Funny how you just got a new house too! It looks adorable! We'll post more pics of ours when we get in it!

    Keep posting. I'd love to see recent pics of you and the fam!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!