Saturday, March 31, 2007

Feeling Better


As you all know, I have not been feeling well lately. However, I will not be having surgery.

It seems that my gallbladder is functioning. It does have some degree of abnormalities, but the Dr. says that it is borderline. He says I fall into the "might" catagory. Surgery might help and then again, it might not. The IBS could be what is causing the abnormal functions of my gallbladder. So..........if we can get the IBS under control, then the gallbladder should function in a closer to normal way.

To get a handle on the IBS, means to STAY on a special diet. A low fat diet. This is not an easy thing for me to do. I am supposed to avoid all dairy products, all fried foods, all spicy foods, and the "trigger" foods (the ones I know cause problems), like Broccoli, califlower, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cucumbers, radishes, onions, peppers, eggs, etc, etc.......

Watching what I eat, has made a difference. I have been doing pretty good with it lately (unless you count the fried onion rings that I ate last night at Smoky Bones-----and I did pay for it, I was miserable).

The biggest thing I could do to control the IBS is to reduce my "STRESS", I don't really have any good ideas on how to do that. Winning the lottery would help, but since I don't play it , don't really know how that is going to happen. But, my vacation starts in 6 days. I will not have to work for 10 whole days.....YEA!!!!!!!! Lindsey and I will also be in Disney World. What better way to leave all the stresses of your life behind. I can't wait!!!
Hope everyone has a good weekend and a wonderful Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!