Saturday, March 22, 2008

GO HILLTOPPERS


Fans all across Bowling Green are celebrating victory!!!

Western's 101-99 overtime win over Drake has all of Bowling Green excited.

Ty Rogers says that he saw it coming.

Days before Rogers became a Hilltopper hero Friday with his game-winning, 25-foot 3-pointer, he said he told teammate Matt Maresca that WKU would beat the Bulldogs with a buzzer-beating shot.

“That’s true,” Maresca said. “For some reason he had it in his head that we were going to win the game on a buzzer-beater shot.”

After hitting the shot, Rogers pounded his chest, yelling, “I told you!”“I just thought it might happen, let’s put it that way,” Rogers said, smiling.

“This is going to be one of those plays you’ll see on commercials and the NCAA Tournament for years to come,” Maresca said. “It’s one of those things you see on TV and you never think you’ll be a part of. It’s awesome to be actually part of it, to say one day you were part of that team and part of that game.”No matter what happens in Sunday’s game against San Diego or the rest of the tournament, the Hilltoppers know they added a dramatic chapter to this year’s tournament and WKU’s history.
I know my son sure is happy................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!