Thursday, May 15, 2008

Phones

When I was a child, if someone would have told me that one day I would be using a phone that I could carry around in my pocket and use while I am driving in my car, I would have thought that they were crazy.
The thought of a phone that is not attached to the wall with ten feet of spiral cord wrapped around everything would have been hilarious.
I was thrilled when we no longer had a party line. (something my daughter just can't imagine)
But, things change and we have become very dependent on our mobile/cell phones.

In fact, we no longer have a house phone, we rely on our cell phones for all of our calls.

The one I have is probably around 4 years old. It works very well, but is out dated. It only has the capability of making and receiving calls. It is not a PDA or a camera or a MP3 player, it merely is a phone. I've been thinking about getting myself a new updated one for awhile now. One that I can have a ring tone for everyone programed into my phone.

So,a few days ago, I bought myself a new phone.
It looks like this pic except mine is black.

I knew that Lindsey had a couple of broken phones at home with memory cards in them, so I opted not to buy one of those, but to take a chance on one of her old ones fitting my new phone.
I was right, one did fit.

Of course, it was full of HER music. A couple hundred songs of her music. So I began the task of deleting the stuff, at least most of it. Alot of the songs I would not recognize by the title so I would listen (usually only for a few seconds) and then delete.

I took off 3 Soulja Boy's, a Bartender, a Bump Like This...Hurricane,Cyclone, Stilletos In Da Club, Lip Gloss Be Poppin, Pants Around Your Feet, Aw Naw, Party Like A Rock Star, Wipe Me Down, Ay Ba By, Bootymeat, T-Pain, Young Joc LOL............. I just didn't think I wanted my phone ringing to any of these tunes.

I did keep some songs. I rather like Avril Lavigne, Fergie, Christina Aguilera, Carrie Underwood, Hinder, Martina McBride, Rihanna, Usher, Colbie Caillat, Rascal Flatts, and Plain White T's.

I will have to say, my daughter likes a wide range of music.

Those of you reading this that have teens around will definitely be able to relate, all of you other folks........Thank Your Lucky Stars!!

Now I have a new phone that I can set cool ringtones for everybody, it has a camera with video capability and a MP3 player. I am updated, I just have to figure out how to use all the cool functions available to me now. Also, I have to remember who has what ringtone..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!