Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Around Bowling Green





A few more of the pictures I took last weekend.


Lindsey and Natalie enjoyed walking around on campus. It was a perfect day for it and it gave them different backgrounds for their pictures.









Fountains Square Archway.





I caught them off guard in this one. But, as you can see, they were having a good day.





I enjoyed walking around on Western's campus myself. It really is a nice campus. Other than the hill. My old arthritic knees were sure given a work out.






I didn't intend to take this one of Cherry Hall in black and white, but it turned out okay.



This is the sign outside of Holly, it has been a big part of Bowling Green for many years and it is very near Western's campus.




I
love taking pictures of the rushing waters at teh Riverwalk. I can remember seeing them when I was a kid and thinking what a pretty sight it was and now as an adult, I still enjoy seeing them. I guess I just like the water.







I can remember when this was a bridge that cars drove over. Now it is part of the walking/bike trail at the Riverwalk.








I think this is the neatest little building. At night it is lit up and looks so pretty. I'm glad they didn't tear it down with all the construction for the baseball stadium. The city decided to keep it and did some renovating of the building and a bit of landscaping. I think it is neat.

Hope you enjoy the pictures. Have a good rest of the week.

2 comments:

  1. The best part of seeing that water growing up was when you seen it you were on your way to BEECH BEND!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The five best memories I have of Bowling Green are: Crusing K-Mart Parking lot, Eating at Krystals, Beech Bend Park, That Damn 4-Way stop, Hilltopper Mascot BIG RED (my hero!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!