Monday, April 13, 2009

Manic Monday - Taste



This weeks Manic Monday word is "Taste", what can I say about taste?

I guess I could talk about some of my favorite tastes.

Like a good fillet marinated in olive oil, garlic and a little Worcestershire sauce and then grilled to perfection. Added to some fresh garden vegetables, also grilled and then served over a bed of rice pilaf. Now that is a meal that makes your taste buds go crazy.

Or.....maybe some sea food. Shrimp Scampi, Garlic Shrimp, Cajun Shrimp, Grilled Shrimp, (I sound like Bubba from Forest Gump), or Tilapia like my Aunt Sandy makes, or Grilled Salmon like my hubby makes. Served with a salad or maybe some of those small red potatoes with butter and chives.

Or....we could talk about chicken. My taste buds like chicken just about anyway you can prepare it. Of course, you can NEVER go wrong with Chicken and Dumplings.

Boy, if we didn't have taste buds food sure would be dull.

I myself enjoy cooking and trying new tastes. Sometimes I like the old tried and true simple comfort foods, but I do like to play around in the kitchen and experiment with NEW and DIFFERENT Tastes. Kick it up a notch or sometimes put strange combinations of foods together. The trick is getting the kids to try it, that can be a challenge.
I keep telling my kids that their taste will change as they get older and that they should try new and different foods or even some that they have tried before. Try it and you may, I say. Every now and then they will give in and find that they do like it. The green eggs and ham theory.....
If you would like to see what others have posted about taste, head over to Manic Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!