Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Autumn

Artists: Andy Partridge
Fuzzy Warbles Collector's Album
Volume 3 in 2003

                                                 Andy: “Another little half idea of a song. Recorded in 1985 as a
                                           potential track for Skylarking. Just couldn't think what to do next with it,
                                            so it got washed away by the mass of newer, more complete material.”

 




Autumn comes around,

But she don't have your face.
Doesn't have your style and grace.



Just throws leaves round the place,
Like you would have never done
Had you been here.




Autumn comes around
But she don't have your hair.










Far too keen to strip trees bare
Leave fruit rotting there,



Like you would have never done
Had you been here.







I happened upon this little snippet of a song while browsing and thought I would use it for my Thursday Theme Song. I have been enjoying the fall weather these past few weeks, with the cool mornings and tolerable daytime temperatures. It has been very pleasant. 
I hope you take a moment to leave me a comment and follow the link above to see what fun others have had with pictures and songs!! Thanks Hootin' Anni!! : )  

3 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with the vocalist or the song but I really like both!! Your pictures are beautiful. Kentucky is a tad ahead of us in fall colors.
    Last week's song by Martina is one of my favorites!! Very nice!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. autumn season is wonderful especially its colors. nice snapsots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that last shot...with the sun setting. thanks for linking up to show off your shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!