Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Teenage Daughters

 Song: Teenage Daughters

Performed By: Martina McBride
Written By: Martina McBride & Brett and Brad Warren
Album: Eleven
Released: February 2011






I ain't complainin'.
But I'm tired, so I'm just sayin'
What I think.

And if we're being honest
Than honestly I think I need a drink





My baby's growin' up.
She think's she's fallin' all in love,
And that I hate her.


(This Photo Courtesy of Lauren Duvall)










At seventeen,
She's just like me when I was seventeen,
So I don't blame her.



(I am the one with my arms crossed)





Do do do do
Do do do do
What are we gonna do ?


Do do do do
Do do do do
What are we gonna do about it ?




Remember when we use to be,
Everything they ever need.
We had them believing we were cool.





            It's like it happened over night,
           We're always wrong, their always right.





We use to be the one's breakin' the rules.
Now we're just mothers, we're just fathers of,
Teenage Daughters.



She rolls her eye's when I'm funny.
But she's sweet when she wants money and her freedom.




Oh my god, she's got a car.
Swears they wont go far,
And I wish I believed 'em.






                                        Their beautiful, wild and free.
                                      Everything we wish we could be.




But their still crazy.
Oh you know, the make us crazy.












Yeah Teenage Daughters.














I ain't complainin',
But I'm just tired, so I'm sayin'
What I think.










If we're being honest, than honestly, I think I need a drink!

(Picture courtesy Google - Flavored Delights Website)






This post was so easy to put together. Sometimes they require a bit of thought and looking through pictures. But This One... was a breeze. I love my daughter dearly, but at times she drives me crazy, but then I suppose I do the same thing to her. Thank you once again Hootin' Anni for hosting this Fun Meme!! I hope you take a moment to leave me a comment after visiting and that you surf on over to Thursday Theme Song and see what others have posted, or join in on the fun!! 

5 comments:

  1. Perfect pictures, and a perfect post! LOL

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard this one before but the lyrics are great and I love your choice of photos. My teen stepdaughter turned 21 this past spring and even though she didn't live with us I can relate to the honesty of needing a drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwww, now THIS one just melts my heart. FanTAStic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanette!

    Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment - what a fun page this was - your daughter is beautiful! (I'll be back!)

    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!