Friday, January 16, 2009

An Update From Bowling Green

I know I haven't posted in awhile.
I do have to say that I am so glad I am not working at Target anymore.
Not having to work retail during the holidays was great. Ten years of retail was enough for me.
Now I can wear something besides red and khaki.

I am enjoying my new job.
I still don't think of myself as a Legal Assistant.....or a Paralegal, but I'm enjoying it.

At first I was so intimated by the whole office setting. Having had no office training other than a high school typing class.


The fax machine,









the printer,









the credit card machine,








the copier,










the business computer programs.... it was scary.

But, as is usually the case, the fear of the unknown and the worries of making dumb mistakes was unfounded. It is not that difficult. Granted, I have had plenty to learn and I have made my share of silly mistakes. (Like filing original documents in our client's file instead of at the courthouse). As for the office machinery........they have been a piece of cake to learn to operate. I have actually shown the others in the office how to use certain functions they knew nothing about, like the sort button on the copier.
The main thing is to not be intimadated, use your common sense, remember that help buttons are there for a reason, Google can answer many questions, and if these things don't work....ask someone else.

1 comment:

  1. i'll help with any questions about Office. Excel is the best thing ever invented!!!!!! It can do everything!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!