Sunday, February 05, 2012

Patio Shadows

I haven't had much of an opportunity to find many shadows these past few weeks. We have had alot of rainy or cloudy days. But, I did manage to find a couple of photos that I had taken a few weeks ago.



This is the patio in my back yard. From my kitchen window I can see the sun casting shadows on the bricks at different angles throughout the day. I have tried many times to capture these shadows to no avail.






Now that I have the new camera, I am finally able to capture them. 



I even managed to get a close up shot.





 

While I was taking the above photos, I noticed that the curtain on my kitchen window was creating interesting shadows on the cabinets.
So I snapped a few shots of that too.




However, I am not sure you can really see the details of the lace in the shadow from this photo.

For more shadow fun head over to Shadow Shot 2 and also be sure to check out what is happening over at Straight Out of the Camera and Best Shot of The Week

13 comments:

  1. My favorite is the last shot.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great compositions. Regards and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent play of light and shadows with those bricks. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shadow patterns! Thanks for joining SS2!

    The Idealist Shadow.

    Have a blessed Sunday!
    Rose, SS2 Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the close up of the bricks...are new cameras fun?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the light through the Bricks... HECK--I LOVE em all!

    Great work!

    Best Wishes,

    John

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some great stuff in your archive. If I look long enough at the second one it begins to seem like an Escher painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shots of your brick wall! Yay for the new camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your use of the light coming through the bricks is sonic. Your really did a great job with this interesting series. It is amazing what we can see when we just look. genie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely captures of textures and light.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting shadow pattern created by the bricks! Like some kind of ragged material!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!