Thursday, February 09, 2012

A Song For Valentines Day

Burning Love

Performed By: Elvis Presley
From The Album: Burning Love and Hits From His Movies, Volume Two
Written By: Dennis Linde

First recorded by Arthur Alexander, included on his self-titled 1971 album. Made famous by Elvis Presley, who took it to #2 in the United States in 1972. It was Presley's final top ten pop hit in the U.S.





Lord almighty,
I feel my temperature rising.
Higher, higher.
It's burning through to my soul.

(Disney World - Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show)



Girl, girl, girl..
You gonna set me on fire.
My brain is flaming.
I don't know which way to go, yeah.

(Disney World - Stunt Show)









Your kisses lift me higher,


(My Wedding Day - May 31, 2008)










Like the sweet song of a choir.

(Wedding Trio - WKU Music Students)





And you light my morning sky,
With burning love.

(Morning Sky From My Front Porch)







Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh..
I feel my temperature rising.
Help me, I'm flaming.
I must be a hundred and nine.

(Disney World - Lion King Show)



Burning, burning, burning,
And nothing can cool me.
I just might turn into smoke,
But I feel fine, yeah.

(Disney World - Lion King Show)




'Cause your kisses lift me higher,

(My Wedding - Federal Grove - Auburn, Ky.)





Like a sweet song of a choir.

(My Daughter's 6th Grade Choir - 2005)









And you light my morning sky,
With burning love.

(Morning Sky From My Yard)


It's coming closer,
The flames are now licking my body.
Won't you help me.
I feel like I'm slipping away.

(Disney World - Back Lot Tour)



It's hard to breath,
My chest is a-heaving.
Lord have mercy,
I'm burning a hole where I lay.

(Taylor Swift Concert - Nashville, Tenn.)








Your kisses lift me higher.

(Me & Michael - The Brown Hotel -
Louisville, Ky.)


Like the sweet song of a choir.

(Disney World - Grand Floridian Hotel)




You light my morning sky,
With burning love.
(Morning Sky From My Yard)









Burning love....
I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love,
Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love .....

Thanks Hootin' Anni for hosting this wonderful Thursday Theme Song meme. I look forward to it every week and enjoy sharing my love of photographs and music. Plus visiting others that enjoy it too!  

7 comments:

  1. Whew, I was glad to read your fiery photos were actually stunt scenes. I love this song and all of the great photos you chose to illustrate it. That last sunrise is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness....my goodness. First off, the song you chose. Can't go wrong with Elvis....and then, the 'burning love' of you two...your kisses and wedding photos--------super!!! The fire stunts just blew me away. And your Sunset images are so intense and beautiful.

    Great song, fantastic images to illustrate the lyrics. You always do such a super job. And even tho I don't say it much in comments, thanks for playing along and giving us visitors so much entertainment that I'm sure we look forward to each week.

    Mine this week is:

    'LADY' in RED

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Elvis is my favorite all time singer.
    Your pictures are so sweet and perfectly suited for Big E's song.
    You always find the best pictures.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. The sunset shots are great. I wish you a happy life. Have a nice week. Greetings from Romania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous photos, and I couldn't have named Elvis's last hit song, but now I know it for sure. I was also glad those were stunt shots, although I can't imagine how they manage to do them.
    You have beautiful sunrises from your yard!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post to celebrate Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!