Saturday, February 25, 2012

Inside Shadows

This past week has been a cloudy, rainy, miserable time. There hasn't been alot of sun to create those wonderful shadows and I have yet another sinus infection along with an ear infection too. Dr. gave me a shot and antibiotic, so I am on the mend.

I did manage to find a few shadows around the house. A shadow seeker is not discouraged by a cloudy day, we simply seek different sources of light.  

These stools are very often the spot where my daughter and I leave our purses when we arrive home. I noticed one evening the purses leaving their shadows on the floor.

 
 We have an oil heater that sits in between our kitchen and living room, it too casts a shadow on the floor when the overhead light is on.

My little dog, Peanut, had to investigate what I was doing when I was taking my pictures, but when I took his picture, he tried to hide. He's such a funny little dog.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take the time to leave a comment or two and that you visit Straight Out of The Camera and Shadow Shot Sunday.

17 comments:

  1. O your little one is adorable in the last photo! Head between the paws is such a great way to hide! And beutiful, gentle shadows round your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little dog, and inside shadow shots are a must when the weather is bad. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots - I don't do well with inside shots :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice shots. Peanut is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwwww, I think I'm falling in love. Peanut is so darned cute!!! Sweet sweet...oh so sweet. {ya, it's been a bit difficult to find shadows here too, this past week. We had one day with bright sunshine instead of dreary rainy/cloudy days. But I'm not complaining....we need to get MORE rain and clear us from last year's drought.]

    Great images shared this week dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shadows are like the underworld. I always think of Peter Pan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh...peanut hiding is so cute!!! glad you are starting to feel better and that you were able to chase inside shadows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shot of the four legged furry family member ..too cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. great shots, love how Peanut hide....thank you for sharing and visiting my blog have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, Peanut is shy. So cute!
    Feel better and take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the yoga style pose at the last shot. Thanks for your contribution to shadow shot Sunday.

    Butterfly Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice captures of shadows dancing on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how the shadows in the photos with the purses appear to overlap each other. Nice effect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sinus and ear things are the worst..I hope you start to feel better...Lovely that you found some shadows...it has been wet and then snow and then rain and back to snow..yuck...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. you found some nice shadows in your home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It does not matter where you are, if you turn on a light a shadow will appear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "A shadow seeker is not discouraged by a cloudy day, we simply seek different sources of light."

    I call this The Profound Quote of the Day. Amen!

    Chapel Shadows

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!