Thursday, September 08, 2011

City Lights

Song Choice: CITY LIGHTS
Written By: Bill Anderson in 1957
Recorded by "Whispering Bill" in 1958

I have always liked this song, but my favorite version was recorded by Connie Smith. I wasn't able to find a video of the song by Connie so I chose Bill Anderson's version.



 

The bright array of city lights as far as I can see


The great white way shines through the night for lonely girls like me





 


 A cabarete a honky tonk their flashing signs invite
A broken heart to lose itself in the glow of city lights











Lights that say forget his name in a glass of cherry wine







Lights that offer other guys for empty hearts like mine



They paint a pretty picture of a world that's gay and bright





But it's just a mask for loneliness behind those city lights









Lights that say forget his love in a different athmosphere



Lights that lure are nothing but a masquarade for tears



They paint a pretty picture but my arms can't hold them tight


And I just can't say I love you to a street of city lights

 
 
 

Be sure to pop over to Thursday Theme Song for more fun picture and song posts!!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos to go with this old, old tune. I remember the song, and I remember Whisperin' Bill.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collection of city lights, they fit perfectly with the song. I don't remember this song but I do like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this song and Mr. Anderson and all he has done for Country Music.
    Well done!!
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!