Saturday, September 17, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday

Shadows, shadows everywhere. Seems that no matter where I go, I am looking for shadows. I find it interesting that even though we may frequent the same places and see the same things day in and day out, shadows can make those places and items look differently depending upon the time of day and, of course, the weather.


The other morning while walking down the hallway at the office and I noticed the shadow of the lettering on the front windows being cast all along the hallway wall. I have seen them cast on the closet door at the end of the hall many times, but this was the first time I had seen them along the wall.


I had to grab my camera. I have learned to take the picture as soon as I see these shadows, as they sometimes don't stay around long. That was the case indeed here. As I was trying to focus the camera to get the shot, I noticed that they would be interrupted by the passing cars.



As the sun rose higher in the sky, the shadows were no longer cast down the hallway at all. They were just on the floor in the lobby.

I guess I was in the right place at the right time.



If you are reading this, Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will take the time to leave a comment or two!!
For more shadows, head over to Hey Harriet.

10 comments:

  1. Great shadows-and well done for capturing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shadows, and capture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the one of them streaming down the hallway! You were there at just the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you read the shadow? :-)



    MY SHADOWY FRIEND

    My shadow and I are very best friends;
    We walk hand in hand, though the sidewalk ends.

    No matter the time of day or of night,
    My shadow and I will always stick tight.

    We don’t even think of drifting apart,
    For shadow and I are one soul and one heart.

    To have such a friend is heaven, you see,
    For I love my shadow, and shadow loves me.


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Shady Lady Aster

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shadows beckon us - should we be paying attention that is! At work, the nicely stenciled lettering on the window leave intriguing shadows on the wall. That you captured these, shadowy art is for all to see. Very nice (and legal) shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful captures.

    My shadow, have a nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat! Good thing you were there at the right time to capture these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shadow writing on the wall. It has a moody, mysterious quality. And you're right about not waiting - shadows are indeed fleeting things.
    Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shadow shots! Isn't it wonderful to be in the right place at the right time?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take a moment to leave a message or two. I love hearing what you think of my posts!